Meet Our Team
(still under construction)
- Teresa Harvey - Teresa is the Horn Guest Artist and Chamber Ensemble Coach at Denver School of the Arts and Legacy High School. She is Principal Horn for the Arapahoe Philharmonic, Section Horn for Steamboat Symphony Orchestra, and is a frequent sub in many ensembles in the Denver area. Teresa loves to teach, as well as perform, and has a thriving private horn studio, with students throughout the Denver Metro area. Many of her students continue their horn studies in college and have professional playing or teaching careers.
- Michael Thornton - Michael Thornton joined the Colorado Symphony Orchestra as Principal Horn during the 1997 season. Appointed to the faculty of the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1999, Michael Thornton is currently Associate Professor of Horn. His students hold positions in orchestras throughout the United States and abroad, and have won numerous awards and competitions. Michael Thornton enjoys a distinguished and varied career as an orchestral performer, chamber musician, soloist, and pedagogue. Though his accomplishments are too many to list here, he has been featured with numerous orchestras in the US and has performed on six continents with many acclaimed ensembles and has presented master classes at the world’s most prestigious musical institutions. He appears regularly as a master clinician and performer at conferences and horn symposia worldwide.
- Madeline Levinson - Maddie grew up in Canada in the home town of the Canadian brass, and has been in love with the horn since 2nd Grade. She studied with Eugene Rittich , at the university of Toronto, and graduated with her degree in music performance. Maddie’s playing career in canada consisted of two European tours with the Ontario Youth Concert Band, the Toronto Symphony Youth orchestra and solo performances with Hamilton Chamber Orchestra. She moved to Colorado to participate in Summit Brass and the National Repertory Orchestra. In 2003, after a short career as a firefighter, Maddie returned to the horn full time. She returned to school to study with Michael Thornton and David Pinkow and earned her masters degree in music performance from CU Boulder. She is now teaching and freelancing full time. Maddie will be assisting with the advanced and college prep horn classes and will also again be teaching all of our students basic horn maintenance! Maddie currently plays with the Longmont Symphony, Summit Brass, Evergreen Chamber Orchestra, Denver Municipal Band and Arapahoe Philharmonic.
- Barbara Shepherd Kuzera - Barbara received her Bachelor of Music in Brass Performance from Boston University College of Fine Arts and Master of Music in Horn Performance from New England Conservatory of Music studying most recently with James Sommerville, Principal Horn of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. She has performed with the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra, under Benjamin Zander, Arapahoe Philharmonic, and The Speaking. Barbara is on faculty at Colorado Honor Band Association and maintains a private horn studio in the Denver metro area. She is also certified to teach Music Together and currently teaches mixed age classes for Twinkle Together, LLC. Mrs. Kuzera lives in Denver with her husband, Kris, and two children.
- Erika Hollister - Erika is a recent graduate of the University of Colorado in Boulder, and will be pursuing her Masters in Horn Performance the the Boyer College of Music and Dance at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA). She is a former graduate of teresaharveystudios and CHBA, a member of CU Symphonic Band, CU Wind Symphony, CU Orchestra, and a student of Michael Thornton. In addition to teaching at the DSA Horn Camp, Erika will also be a counselor for the CHBA Summer Band Camp.
- Katelyn Wojniak - Katelyn is a Junior at CU Boulder, studying Music Education and is a current student of Michael Thornton. She is a member of CU Symphonic band and runs horn sectionals at schools in the northern Colorado area, including the CU Middle School Ensemble program.
- Corrie Hiatt is an Engineering major at Colorado School of Mines, but also plays in several ensembles. He is a frequent sub in the Arapahoe Phil, and is a former student of Mrs. Harvey, and a graduate of the Colorado Honor Band program.
- Kyra Yehle is a student at Eastman, and a former student of Mrs. Harvey and a graduate of the Colorado Honor Band program.
- Devin Driggs is a Horn Performance Major at CU-Boulder, a former student of Mrs. Harvey, and a graduate of the Colorado Honor Band program. He is currently a student of Mike Thornton.
- Maggie Barnes is a Student at CU-Boulder, and a student of Mike Thornton.